ALGOCLOUD 2015 Call for Papers
The International Workshop on Algorithmic Aspects of Cloud Computing (ALGOCLOUD 2015) is an annual event co-located with ALGO 2015 aiming to tackle the diverse new topics in the emerging area of algorithmic aspects of computing and data management in the Cloud. The increasing adoption of cloud computing introduces a variety of parallel and distributed algorithmic models and architectures. To leverage elastic cloud resources, scalability has to be a fundamental architectural design trait of new cloud databases. This challenge is manifested in new data models ("NoSQL"), replication, caching and partitioning schemes, relaxed consistency and transaction guarantees as well as new protocols, APIs, indexing and storage services.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners in cloud computing algorithms, service design and data architectures to exchange ideas and contribute to the development of this exciting and emerging new field.
ALGOCLOUD welcomes submission of theoretical, experimental, methodological as well as application papers. Demonstration papers and high quality survey papers are also welcome. As such, contributions may span a wide range of Algorithms for modeling, constructing and evaluating operations and services in a variety of systems, including (but not limited to) virtualized Infrastructures, Cloud Platforms, Datacenters, Mobile ad-hoc networks, Peer-to-Peer and Grid Systems, HPC architectures, etc.
TopicsTopics of interest addressed by this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Algorithmic Aspects of Elasticity and Scalability for distributed, large-scale data stores (e.g., NoSQL and columnar databases)
- Search and Retrieval Algorithms for cloud infrastructures
- Monitoring and analysis of elasticity for virtualized environments
- NoSQL, Schemaless Data Modeling, Integration
- Caching and Load-Balancing
- Storage Structures and Indexing for Cloud Databases
- New Algorithmic Aspects of Parallel and Distributed Computing for Cloud Applications
- Scalable Machine Learning, Analytics and Data Science
- High Availability, Reliability, Failover
- Transactional Models and Algorithms for Cloud Databases
- Query Languages and Processing, Programming Models
- Consistency, Replication and Partitioning CAP, Data Structures and Algorithms for Eventually Consistent Stores
The ALGOCLOUD 2015 proceedings will be published in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science ARCoSS series by Springer-Verlag.
Submissions must have a length of up to 12 pages in LNCS format (excluding references and an optional appendix to be read at the discretion of the Program Committee).
Papers should be submitted electronically via the EasyChair submission system.
By submitting a paper the authors acknowledge that in case of acceptance at least one of the authors must register at ALGO 2015 or ALGOCLOUD 2015, attend the conference, and present the paper.
All members of the PC are encouraged to submit papers for consideration. The PC committee and chairs will ensure that processing of papers whose co-authors are PC members or PC co-chairs, will be handled appropriately, ensuring the complete anonymity of reviews and fair decision-making.